MARRCH serves its agency and professional members in providing excellence in addiction care throughout Minnesota and beyond.
- Over 2,500 individual members and 80 organizational members
- Open to all organizations and professionals with an interest in addiction care
- Annual membership dues; new members may join at any time, and membership will be effective for a full year
- Publish “One Voice”, a monthly award-winning electronic newsletter. Paper versions printed annually prior to our Fall Conference
- Provide professional recognition at a statewide level
- Educate and train addiction and other behavioral health professionals
- Monitor and engage at the legislature and work closely with state policy makers
- Association leadership is provided by a 16-member volunteer board from our membership.
- MARRCH employs a full-time Executive Director with expertise in substance use and co-occurring disorders and public health strategies
- MARRCH offers additional opportunities for members to participate on committees that make recommendations to the Board of Governors
- MARRCH Annual Conference: Our largest annual meeting with approximately 1,300 behavioral health professionals in attendance, typically held at the end of October. The MARRCH annual conference attracts national and state speakers, while providing quality training opportunities for the full spectrum of professional development
- MARRCH Spring Retreat: The annual Spring Conference allows for a more relaxed educational experience, focusing on contemporary and relevant topics to behavioral health professionals and leaders
- Public Policy Forum: MARRCH also hosts a monthly Public Policy Forum, held the first Friday of each month (unless otherwise specified) at Ewald Consulting in St. Paul. The Public Policy Forum provides an opportunity for MARRCH members and other community partners to discuss current policy initiatives and proposals critical to addiction care
- Advocacy/Public Policy
MARRCH will develop an effective legislative platform that supports: MARRCH member interests (agencies, professionals and students); healthcare integration, and; advocacy for funding mechanisms that support the above.
MARRCH will expand its membership constituency to increase a thriving and vibrant community of organizations and professionals dedicated to excellence, innovation, and advocacy in Minnesota and beyond.
MARRCH will continue to provide quality education and networking opportunities to its members, partners, and the community through its Annual and Spring Conferences; webinars, and; through developing new partnerships/venues for these opportunities to occur.
- Regional Member Development
MARRCH will provide regional representation and create opportunities for regional data collection that informs how we proceed on issues and priorities for each Region.
- Cultural Diversity
MARRCH will intentionally focus on methods of engaging culturally diverse groups, professionals, and organizations to build and unify community support surrounding addiction care in Minnesota.
MARRCH will develop and achieve financial goals that best serve its members and ensure the long-term sustainability and financial health of the Association.
- Health Care Integration
MARRCH will maintain and develop existing and new national/regional partnerships with agencies, organizations, and political leaders to establish a clear vision for the future of addiction care in Minnesota.
MARRCH will develop or enhance current technology resources, such as Facebook, Twitter, and mobile applications, to strengthen and improve member engagement. MARRCH will also improve the utilization of social media in building effective support for legislative priorities.