MARRCH Annual Conference
Bring your skills, knowledge and vision to the 1,200+ attendees of the 2020 MARRCH Annual Conference.
Share your successes by submitting a presentation abstract for one of the 50+ breakout sessions at the MARRCH’s Annual Conference at the St. Paul RiverCentre in St. Paul, Minnesota from October 26-28, 2020.
MARRCH strives to offer the most current, state-of-the-art educational offerings for its conference attendees. Participants at our Annual Conference continually voice the need to LEARN NEW THINGS and experience a HIGHER LEVEL of education. In the
spirit of this intention, we look for offerings that are cutting edge, proven effective and stimulating educational experiences.
Interested in Presenting? Submit Your Presentation Proposal Online!
Proposals MUST be submitted via the online form below and include: Presentation title, Description (limit to 200 words), Presenter’s Name, Company, Email, Phone, Bio and Headshot.
In order for MARRCH to issue Continuing Education credits, your session must fit one of the 12 core functions, ethics or human diversity.
Call for Proposals Deadline is May 27, 2020
Submit your presentation by the end of day on May 27 to be considered for this year’s conference. With the limited number of sessions and the increased submissions last year, the deadline will be important not to miss!
Selected speakers will be notified of their acceptance by mid/late June and are expected to accept or decline within a timely manner.
Session Requirements & Presenter Benefits:
- Potential presenters must answer all questions on the form or your proposal will not be considered. If you are unsure of a question, please contact MARRCH’s Event Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Only two presenters are allowed per session. If you require additional presenters, it must be approved by the committee.
- Ethics presentations MUST have a back-up speaker to be accepted. If one speaker is unable to present on the day of their scheduled session, it is expected that the back-up presenter be available to present.
- Your topic must cover one of the twelve core function areas or be considered an ethics or human diversity topic. The twelve core functions include: Assessment, Case Management, Client Education, Consulting with Other Professionals, Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Intake, Orientation, Referral, Reports & Recording, Screening, and Treatment Planning. Human
Diversity sub-categories include: Ethnic and Minority Groups, Age: Adolescents and Elderly, Disability: Physical / Mental / Co-Occurring / Deaf / Blind or Women / Men / LGBTQIA+
Presenter Expectations & Benefits
- Meet all speaker deadlines including submitting final presentation materials 3 weeks prior to the conference.
- Communicate any necessary changes to the MARRCH events team in a timely manner.
- Share your industry knowledge and expertise with conference attendees.
- Be a positive representation on behalf of MARRCH and follow all guidelines outlined including no self-promotion.
- Accepted speakers will receive complimentary conference registration for the day they present (speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodations).
- Ability to attend additional keynote and breakout sessions to earn Continuing Education credits.
Looking for presentation ideas? The following list contains topic suggestions—by no means is this list exhaustive, and we welcome new ideas!
- Depression and anger, the connection.
- Grief care in the treatment of loss during addiction
- Human Diversity
- Co-Occurring (Mental and SUD Disorder, Other Chronic Health Conditions (i.e. Pain, Diabetes, Cardio and Lung Diseases, etc.)
- Medicine Assisted Treatment for Opioid/Alcohol/Substance Use Disorders
- Client Engagement/Motivational (i.e. Feedback-Informed Treatment F.I.T., Stages of Change, etc.)
- Community Recovery Supports (i.e. AA, NA, Women for Sobriety, All Recovery Meetings, MARA, M.A.R.S.)
- Mental Illness / Mental Health
- Withdrawal Management Programs
- The ASAM Criteria
- Population Health Management
- Health IT
- The Use of Integrated Support Services
- Peer Recovery Supports
- And much more!
Please contact the MARRCH team at firstname.lastname@example.org.