MARRCH 2019 CFP
2019 MARRCH Annual Conference – Call for Proposals
Deadline Extended! Proposals due by April 22, 2019
Bring your skills, knowledge and vision to the 1,200+ attendees of the 2019 MARRCH Annual Conference.
Share your successes by submitting a presentation abstract for one of the 50+ breakout sessions at the MARRCH 2019 Annual Conference at the St. Paul RiverCentre in St. Paul, Minnesota on October 28-30, 2019.
In order to issue CE credits, your session must fit one of the 12 core functions, ethics, or diversity.
MARRCH strives to offer the most current, state-of-the-art educational offerings for its members.
Participants at our Annual Conference and other offerings continually voice the need to LEARN NEW THINGS and experience a HIGHER LEVEL of education. In the spirit of this intention, we look for offerings that are cutting edge, proven effective and stimulating educational experiences.
Please completely answer each question. If you are unsure of a question, please contact the MARRCH office at 651-290-7462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must answer all questions below or your proposal will not be considered
- Only two presenters are allowed per session
- Ethics presentations MUST have two speakers to be accepted. If one speaker is unable to present the day of their scheduled session, the second presenter must be able to present.
Topics must cover one of the twelve core function areas: Assessment, Case Management, Client Education, Consulting with Other Professionals, Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Intake, Orientation, Referral, Reports & Recording, Screening, Treatment Planning
(The following list contains topic suggestions—by no means is this list exhaustive, these are just ideas!)
- Depression and anger, the connection.
- Grief care in the treatment of loss during addiction
- Co-Occurring (mental and SUD disorder, other chronic health conditions (i.e. pain, diabetes, cardio and lung diseases, etc.)
- Medicine Assisted Treatment for Opioid/Alcohol/Substance Use Disorders (i.e. methadone, buprenorphine, Naltrexone/Vivitrol, Disulfiram, Acamprosate, etc.)
- Client Engagement/Motivational (i.e. Feedback-Informed Treatment F.I.T., Stages of Change, etc.)
- 245G: Chemical Dependency Licensed Treatment Facilities with a focus on new services and provision of them
- Community Recovery Supports (i.e. AA, NA, Women for Sobriety, All Recovery Meetings, MARA, M.A.R.S.)
- Mental Illness/Health
- 245F: Withdrawal Management Programs
- The ASAM Criteria
- Population Health Management
- Health IT
- The Use of Integrated Support Services
- Peer Recovery Supports
- In order to issue CE credits, please ensure that your session fits one of the 12 core functions.
- Ethics presentations must include two presenters.
- Proposals due by April 22, 2019